What’s the program?
You told us you’d like to hear more from the teams that have ‘been there and done that’ in the journey to commercialise or translate their research to impact!
We heard you and, at ON Tribe Forum 2019 you’ll hear from Prime and Accelerate graduates who’ve done just that.
Day 1 – September 11
- 10:00AM: Registration opens
- 10:30AM: Event starts
- 10:45AM: The Conversation Pitch Exercise (Dr David Ireland)
- 11:15AM: Keynote – Born for the USA (Dr Michelle Perugini)
- 11:30AM: Panel Discussion – Going Global (Liza Noonan)
- 12:00PM: Lunch
- 12:50PM: Panel Discussion – Building a people-first culture to unlock growth (Anna Molloy)
- 1:55PM: Afternoon tea break
- 2:20PM: Workshop 1 (Your choice of Effective Negotiation, Networking Masterclass, Media Training 101 and Invest/Fundraising Workshop)
- 3:10PM: Workshop 2 (Your choice of Effective Negotiation, Networking Masterclass, Media Training 101 and Invest/Fundraising Workshop)
- 4:00PM: Day event concludes
ON Impact Awards
- 4:30PM: Pre-Awards Networking Drinks
- 5:30PM: Awards Night commence
- 6:30PM: Awards presentation concludes, networking re-commences
- 7:30PM: Event concludes
Day 2 – September 12
- 7:00AM: Fireside chat with David Burt and Alumni
- 8:00AM: Breakfast networking
- 9:30AM: Official day proceedings begin with; Keynote – Winning the short and long game (Phil Hayes-St-Claire)
- 10:30AM: Mentor Marketplace and Morning Tea
- 11:30AM: Closing Keynote – ‘Creativity is a renewable resource’ (Peter Ford)
- 12:30PM: Closing Remarks – David Burt
- 12:35PM: Formal event concludes, lunch and networking
- 2:00PM: Event Closes
Here are just some of the Alum you’ll meet and hear from at ON Tribe Forum 2019
James Palmer (Silentium Defence)
- Silentium Defence is a fast-growing SA-based technology company currently running world first commercial trials of passive radar for surveillance of space, air, ground and maritime environments. $1.5m in Defence contracts secured and commercial applications in development. Recently recognised as one of Australia’s Top 50 Small Business Leaders 2019, and a finalist for South Australia’s 40 under 40.
Laura Jones (RapidAim)
- Brisbane based company tackling the number one issue in global food security, fruit fly, with its network of smart sensors that provide real-time data to farmers and growers on the prevalence of pests in their crops. $1.5m raised and trials underway.
Michelle Perugini (Life Whisperer)
- AI-driven start-up tackling the global IVF market with a solution that enables selection of the most viable embryos for use in IVF procedures. $4.5m dollars raised in one of the largest seed rounds in Australia and US-expansion underway.
Kate Lyall (Bee Innovative)
- Bee Innovative is addressing both biosecurity through rapid detection of disease and food security through precision pollination increasing crop yield and quality. Current expansion into US and global markets.
Keep your eyes peeled for the official event app – coming your way in August to stay up to date with all the program details, accommodation recommendations, and to register for your practical ON Tribe workshops.